Sunday, December 29, 2013

Win a Free Drink (Merry Christmas)

Well, readers, It's Christmas time and I would like to give you a gift. I mean besides the gift of my extraordinary wisdom and delicious recipes. At the same time, I would also like to figure out the true meaning of Christmas. Here's my plan: you will tell me about the true meaning of Christmas. Then, whoever gives the best answer, according to my fickle judgment, will have a drink designed just for them and the ingredients for that drink shipped to them, by me, free of charge.



Here is the deal: although I would love to give all of my readers a present, I cannot. Therefore, unlike God who gives the gift of grace freely even though we have not earned it, you have to earn my gift.

To do so, reflect on a passage of scripture that you believe reveals the true meaning of Christmas. I will give you three prompts but you can use other verses if you want. If you do not believe that the Bible is holy, that's fine. Find a scripture passage that will help you articulate your view. Please limit your responses to less than 250 words and post them in the comments section of the blog or on my Facebook. I would appreciate submissions before January 6th so I can announce the winner in my next post (or not, if you want to maintain some delusion of online privacy.)


I'm super serious about actually creating a drink for you AND sending the ingredients to you in the mail. Really serious. Even if you don't win, the chance to reflect on your values and read some scripture is always valuable.

Here are some scriptures you might discuss:




Good luck! Here is a drink to get the theology flowing.

We Wish you a Cherry Christmas
 Ingredients: sugar, vanilla extract, vodka or rum, cherry juice

Put 1/2 tablespoon of sugar in the bottom of a glass with two drops of vanilla extract. Pour 1.5 oz vodka or rum over the sugar and muddle until well mixed. Pour ice in the glass and fill it the rest of the way with cherry juice. Stir gently and enjoy. The cherry juice can easily overpower the vodka and make you forget that you're drinking alcohol. That is, until it's too late.


1 comment: