Sunday, December 08, 2013

When You're Here, You're Family


I'm not talking about Olive Garden, I'm talking about Church! Just like a loving family, the only criterion for being loved, valued, and affirmed at Church is that you be there. During the holidays, many of us gather with our families and get that warm, fuzzy feeling. I personally recommend re-connecting, or connecting for the first time, with a Church family this Christmas season. It is sweet and beautiful to share powerful moments with a Church family. If you are wondering what I mean, here is a video of my Church family.

The singer is a member of our Church. The outside world says that she is disabled and weird, inappropriate and annoying. At Church, we love it when she sings her favorite song, "You are my Sunshine." Notice how the whole Church family joins in and when the banjo players figure out the key, she really gets moving! This, to me, is what Church is about. In the Bible, Mary says that God exalts the lowly. This is what that looks like:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment